Public Notice: Town of Riverhead - Amendment to Town Code
TOWN OF RIVERHEAD
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE, that a public hearing will be held on the 4th day of April 2017 at 2:05 o’clock p.m. at Riverhead Town Hall, 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead, New York, to consider a proposed local law to amend Chapter 211 of the Riverhead Town Code entitled, "Beaches and Recreation” as follows:
Chapter 211. Beaches and Recreation
§ 211-14. Parking and permits related to use of recreation center and facilities, parks, playground, public bathing beaches, and dog parks.
D. Dog park permit.
(1) The Recreation Department is hereby authorized to issue a dog park permit and permit relating to dogs/animals in other designated public areas. Note: this permit is separate and distinct from dog licensing requirements set forth in other provisions of the Town Code. All owners shall be required to produce proof of a current dog license, rabies vaccine certificate and health certificate.Notwithstanding the above, no permit for dogs/animals shall authorize use of a public bathing beach during hours set forth for public bathing and swimming, unless exception as set forth in § 207-2B(2) applies.
(2) The Town Board, by resolution, shall establish the fee and determine the hours and period of time a permit shall be valid.
E. Boat launch permit.
(1) The Recreation Department is hereby authorized to issue a resident, nonresident and commercial boat launch permit for use at the East Creek Boat Launch. Note: Launching and recovery of boats/vessels with a motor vehicle shall be prohibited at Reeves Beach, except as may be deemed necessary, from time to time, by authorized Town of Riverhead personnel, including, but not limited to, lifeguards, police officers or the Bay Constable. In addition, parking of vehicles and/or trailers on the beach at Reeves Beach is prohibited.
(2) A resident or nonresident seeking a boat launch permit must be 18 years or older.
and possess a valid seasonal parking permit to be eligible for a boat launch permit.
(3) A resident or nonresident seeking a boat launch permit must provide a description of the boat/vessel make, model, year and registration number. The applicant must produce a valid registration for the boat/vessel evidencing that the applicant is the owner of the boat/vessel.A resident or nonresident seeking a boat launch permit for a boat, vessel, or water craft which does not require registration under state or local law, shall complete and file the boat launch owner affidavit with the recreation department.
(4) An individual seeking a commercial boat launch permit must provide his or her name, address of company and a description of the trailer and registration number.
(5) All resident and nonresident boat launch permits must be affixed to the boat/vessel and trailer, and commercial boat launch permits must be affixed to the truck and trailer. Note, a commercial boat launch permit shall not entitle the permit holder to park the truck or trailer at the parking area adjacent to the boat launch.
(6) All residents and nonresidents must possess a seasonal parking permit, daily parking permit or daily boat launch permit (which shall also include a parking permit limited to use of the parking area at the boat launch site and valid only for date of issuance) to park vehicle and/or trailer at the parking area adjacent to the boat launch.
6) (7) The Town Board, by resolution, shall establish the fee and determine the hours and period of time a boat launch permit shall be valid.
A. No dogs,
or domestic animals, or animals shall be allowed on any public bathing beach or recreation center except service dogs, therapy dogs, working dogs or detection dogs as set forth in § 207-2B(2)or by permit of the Recreation Department as set forth in § 211-24or designated dog park as set forth in § 211-25.
B. No person shall in any manner damage, deface, injure or destroy any structure, planting, roadway, embankment, building or equipment located on the grounds of any beach, bathing beach, recreation center, park, playground or dog park.
C. No person shall be allowed to bring any type of disposable glass container on any beach, public bathing beach, recreation center, park, playground or dog park.
· Underline represents additions
· Strikethrough represents deletion(s)
Dated: Riverhead, New York
March 7, 2017
BY ORDER OF THE TOWN BOARD
OF THE TOWN OF RIVERHEAD
DIANE M. WILHELM, TOWN CLERK